Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swimming Week!

Hey girls! Both Wednesday and Friday will be swimming playgroups. I'll be at the Peaks south pool around 10!

We still need a few ideas for playgroups. I was thinking of Gilcrease Orchard, to pick some produce when it gets a little cooler (I think they actually do pumpkins closer to Halloween) BUT, it is on the FAR north side of town...how does everyone feel about driving that far? Should we just stick to this part of town? I think that was a reason for not so many people at the Discovery Museum, so let me know what you think.

P.S. Sorry about last Friday...I said I'd be there to open the pool, but I had a flat tire, and had the joy of going to the garage to get new tires instead of swimming.

5 comments:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

I totally wanted to go to the Children's Museum and just got my days all screwed up last week. Pretty bummed....how did it go? I still want to take the boys sometime
Jeanna

Marchezt said...

I think the Orchard is a great idea. I would go...the price is reasonable and a good "healthy" activity. Kaedance hates most fruit, so this might be really good for her. Keep me posted.

Christi said...

I would be interested in going to the orchard if it was good. I heard that last year it wasn't very good and it was a waste of a drive, but would go if others had better experiences there.

Kara said...

A bunch of us went last year and I was a little disappointed. We searched and searched for pumpkins and even fruit on the vines and trees, and found it at the checkout stand. they ship their pumpkins in and set them out there in the field like they were grown there. It was kind of a joke. I guess kids don't know the difference, and maybe you just have to go at the perfect time. We should see if the Carlson's are planting a pumpkin patch again and go there instead.

Christi said...

I really had a good time at the Carlson's last time too.