Monday, October 27, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin

Ok ladies, some of you expressed interest in my dinner in a pumpkin recipe, so I will oblige and share it. It is very yummy and super fun to do. I am an eyeballer when I cook, so if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

1 small to medium pumpkin
1 onion-chopped
1.5-2 pounds hamburger
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 4 oz can mushrooms-drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1.5 cups cooked rice
1 8oz can water chestnuts-drained

Cut off top of pumpkin and clean it out well. In large skillet, brown hamburger and onions. Drain fat. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, mushrooms, and soup. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add cooked rice and water chestnuts. Spoon mixture into cleaned out pumpkin. Place on cookie sheet and replace lid. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Enjoy!

No comments: