Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer Playgroup

Hey guys! Laurel asked me to put together playgroup until they have someone called! First of a HUGE THANKS to Anjie for planning all the previous playgroups! They were awesome. We're going to miss you.
Now for the summer. In the past summers, we have mainly done swimming on Wed. and Fri. at the Courtyards. Every once in a while there has been a splash park thrown in. I wanted to know people's opinion's. It is pretty much too hot to do much of anything else, but I am up for ideas. What I originally thought was to do a swim rotation so not one person was in charge of opening up the pool every week. That too would give some variety to the venue. We could also throw a splash park or public pool in once a month or something too, if people liked them. I was thinking if we did every 2 or 3 weeks at a pool. Do you guys think that would get to confusing, or would you rather just stick to a designated pool? Tell me ALL your suggestions and preferences. I will put up a calendar regardless of what we decide. If you have a neighborhood pool, or a personal pool that you wouldn't mind opening up for playgroup let me know so I can figure it all out! Thanks guys!
Christi

4 comments:

Berns and Shea said...

Christi,
Once we get out house (this week hopefully) you are welcome to use the pool in our neighborhood.

Alexis said...

Sometimes getting my kids ready for the pool is a lot of work. I am not a huge lover of swimming though. I think we should still do some indoor places like pump it up or something once a month. I don't mindd opening up our pool in the courtyards.

Darrick and Krista Neibaur said...

I'm sorry I don't have a pool to rotate through, but to add my 2 cents... using different pools would add variety to the playgroup and relief to the pool openers (I would imagine) and would not get confusing as far as I am concerned. We are accustomed to watching the posts for meeting places/changes. I wish I had any other bright ideas for summer play groups, but you're right it's just too hot. Thanks for being the temp Christi (we all appreciate it)- good luck!

Kara said...

I would be happy to open the Peaks pool once a week, and I talked to Nicole about opening the pool at the Courtyards once a week. With her, Natalie, and Alexis there, someone should be able to open it once a week? I'm game for Pump it Up too, and you know I love splash parks and we could try Desert Breeze pool, or that other one in Henderson. I'd be happy to help you with the calendar Christi.